Thursday, March 1, 2018

Final Assessment

Now, on to making the connections.  My objective for this lesson was, "I will make connections between circuitry, Piet Mondrain, and fractions."

Students are all back in my classroom and testing is finished.  We've done lots of activities over the last few weeks and I want to tie the experiences together.  I created a worksheet, a dreaded worksheet, that helps students think through that process before completing a written reflection.

You can see a copy of the worksheet HERE.

We don't spend a lot of time in my classes away from hands on activities but unit assessments tend to come in the form of a written reflection.  I want students to progress beyond making a painting to reflection of thought processes and increasing their ability to make connections across content.

I have included a few student responses to demonstrate my intended outcome.  I included a wide range of quality to include the students that choose not to complete the assignment. 

Student Examples

No comments:

Post a Comment